TAL has delivered a series of professional development master classes to support its 2012 Female Excellence in Advice Award program.
More than 145 participants took part in the Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney master classes on 5 June, 6 June and 7 June (respectively).
The master classes were conducted by Babette Bensoussan – an internationally recognised strategy expert – who presented the following topics:
- Converting the competitive strategy – from analysis to reality
- The critical elements of a quality business plan
- Energy leadership
- Coaching and mentoring for business results.
The master classes build on the May 23 launch of this year’s Female Excellence in Advice Award, which aims to:
- Acknowledge outstanding achievements in the financial advice sector
- Support greater participation by females in leadership roles within financial services
- Encourage more females into the advice profession
- Aaddresses the issue of female under-insurance and generally low levels of women’s superannuation savings.
The 2012 winner of the AFA Female Excellence in Advice Award will receive prizes valued at over $4600, including a certified testamur and a full scholarship to complete an executive leadership course at the Macquarie Graduate School of Management (MGSM) in Sydney.
Female advisers may self-nominate or be nominated by 31 July 2012 by visiting http://www.afafemaleadvice.com/nominate.html . The winner will be announced at the AFA National Conference in October 2012.